If a person fails after having made the correct effort, there is no need to resort to alcohol, drugs and suicide.Many students succumb to such drastic measures. Some students work and study extremely hard but fail. Due to failure, they sink into such depression that they feel they have to take or inject themselves with drugs, tranquilizers, etc. for sleep. Why ? Because they failed.
If a person did not make Tadbeer, did not make a serious and concerted effort and thereafter fails, then he must blame himself. However, generally, we do make a reasonable effort but sometimes still meet with failure. For example : A person is fit and healthy when he started something but later becomes sick and is unable to complete what he undertook.
Tafweez is handing our matters over to Allah Ta’ala, trusting Him, placing our matters before Him and believing that in whatever Allah Ta’ala has decided, there is goodness. Outwardly, it may appear as if there is some problem that we are faced with, but great wisdom lies in the decisions of Allah.
Source: Shaykh Hakeem Akhtar, SunniForum.com
Shaitan: The Deceitful Trader
You all believe in Maulana Thanwi (Rahimahullah). He says that if a businessman shows you a sample, and gives you an item which differs from the sample, you will call the businessman a cheat and a deceitful person. You will never buy anything from him again.
Shaytan always deceives. He shows you the cheeks and eyes of attractive people. What sample he shows you and what item he gives. He pollutes you in the organs of feces and urine. But you still have not left Iblees’ tail.
People say what must we do, there is nudity everywhere. Uncovered women do not give us a chance. I say why have you placed your nose under Shaytan’s tail. Safeguard your gaze.
Practise on the blessed statement of Rasûlullah Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam. You will achieve piece. Allah will fill your heart with the sweetness of Iman and His love for every glance that you protect.
Friends, do not waste your lives. I am telling you with a painful heart and what more can I tell you? As Hadhrat Thanwi (Rahimahullah) said that if he had the power, he would have placed his heart in his friends’ hearts.
Allah has indicated two prescriptions of obtaining taqwa (piety) in these two verses. In the light of these verses I have showed you two ways of becoming a saint and becoming wealthy with the currency of the hereafter. When the entire world will kick you, only this currency will benefit you. What is this currency? It is the friendship of Allah. In order to attain taqwa, Allah has indicated in one verse that we should live with the people of taqwa. If you do not live with the people of taqwa, you will be consumed by negligence.
Source: Purpose of Life by Hazrat Shaykh Hakeem Akthar Sahib (db)
Advices of Hazrat Shaykh Akhtar
1. Neglect of Zikr is starvation of the soul.
2. One who is an Aashiq,a lover of Allah,even though not entangled in sin will yet remain a Mustaghfir(penitent).
3. Stay away from sins as well as the preludes,those things that lead to sin.
4. The connection,the link between the ,the outward and inward is such that neither can be seperated from the other.
5. Taqwa means that one has the urge to disobey and one prevents oneself from doing so.
6. The true lover of Allah is the one who knows how to to endure the grief of Allah’s path.
7. One evil glance causes several diseases even though it may be for only one minute.
8. Piety creates the light of tranquillity.
9. Ask Allah Ta’ala to muster ones courage to leave all sins.
10. Casting evil glances at beautiful faces is a filthy and polluted act.
11. No taste can match the joy experienced when one sacrifices every breath for Allah’s sake.
12. In old age potency diminishes,but desires and passion remain virile,at the same time to combat the nafs weakens.
13. Some people desire to acquire Allah’s pleasure but refuse to sacrifice any of their pleasures and desires.
14. Due to constant striving,the heart is nutured,and fertile to absorb the rays of Hidayat and Wilayat(sainthood).
15. Controlling the gaze creates a lustre(nur) within the heart which quickly manifests on the face of such a person.
16. In proportion to the severity of the urge and desire to commit sin,will be degree of nur created, on suppressing this urge.
17. One lustful gaze leads to another,just as one sin leads to another and one good deed to another.
18. Striving against the nafs is indeed a struggle and an allegorical Jihaad of the highest form.
19. The person that desires to taste the pleasures of Jannah on earth,should spend with the Ahlullah(people of Allah).
20. The religious harm of jealousy is the destruction of righteous deeds,its worldly harm is perpetual grief.
21. When a servant of Allah considers himself unworthy and inferior,
he is elevated in Allah’s sight.
22. The Awliya-Allah become even more humble when praised, becoming more grateful to Allah,for concealing their faults.
23. One of the most reprehensible forms of Riya(show) is to publicize one’s Ibadat and deeds before friends and family.
24. Regular visits to the graveyard and reflecting ,will create disdain
for the world in the heart.
25. Constant desire and aspiration for name and fame is a destructive spiritual illness.